One-liner: Finance/data tinkerer by day, hobbyist composer by night. Academically interested in AI/ML and machine perception (currently working on a PhD in sound classification with machine audition techniques).
Educational background: Master of Finance, now pursuing a PhD in Computer Science (audio data analysis, signal processing, music recommender systems, MIR etc.).
- Quantitative finance
- Financial markets
- Machine perception, audio data analysis, music recommender systems, MIR, signal processing and identification, audio mining
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, statistical analysis
- Music composition and sound design
- Foreign languages
- Fantasy books
My business card: karol.piczak.com
My web presence: karol.dvl.pl
Top Network Posts
- 45Efficiently storing real-time intraday data in an application agnostic way
- 42Switching from C++ to R - limitations/applications
- 38Apache ab: please explain the output
- 35When to use Perfekt and Präteritum?
- 30How reliable is a write protection switch on a USB flash drive?
- 28Why does redirecting 'script' to /dev/null/ allow 'screen' to work while su'ed as another user?
- 19Wireless keyboard sniffing risk
- View more network posts →