I ride non-stop since I am 4, my father gave me one bike each 4 years until 18. Since then I am changing components and assembling new bikes. Now I have seven, including tandem, home-made recumbent, fixed gear, city-bike with generator and internal-gear-hub, freeride full-suspension.
I have been bred on XC mountainbike (raced a bit), and enjoy technical terrain, as well as light freeride, randonneuring, and touring. I also like to try to smoke my friends and acquaintances on group rides (and so do them).
I tend to do my own assembling and mainteinence, and am known among friends for a natural willingness to solve mechanical problems "in the field", even those not on my bike. I like to read about deep intricacies in bicycle mechanics, being a strong fan of a lot (but not all) of Sheldon Brown approaches.
Recently, I am engaged on bike as transportation, bike advocacy, and political-related-bike-issues, and participate in a lot of local groups, mostly nightbikers, weekend rides (not club rides) and Critical Mass.
My short-term bike-related goal is to have equipment and energy to commute all-year round (my winter is very rainy), and my long term goal, more like a dream, is to be full-time involved with bikes, professionally (most probably designing/manufacturing or selling stuff).
Top Network Posts
- 54Finding moving average from data points in Python
- 42Why aren't Tour de France riders going any faster?
- 40Safest way to slow down a bike quickly if both sets of brakes fail
- 37Ride with someone who is less trained
- 24Why is it safer to bike with traffic, instead of facing oncoming cars?
- 20How to convert Numpy array to PIL image applying matplotlib colormap
- 20Discontinuous slice in python list
- View more network posts →